BUILD 150 GRANTS
Build 150 grants are to be used on projects in our community foundation’s area of operation. Special consideration will be made for projects that will have a lasting presence in the community and will have an impact on the largest number of residents and projects should be as inclusive as possible.
Some examples of projects that could be eligible for a Build 150 grant include:
• Amenities for a public space (park bench, bike racks, public art, etc.)
• Equipment for a community space (community centre, medical facility, etc.)
• Revitalization of something with historical significance (statue, building, etc.)
The funded project must be carried out by a Canadian “qualified donee”. Examples include:
• Registered charities;
• Rural municipality, city and/or town;
• Church or religious institution (so long as they are a registered charity and the project broadly benefits the community not just the congregation and is not for religious purposes);
• A registered Canadian amateur athletic association.
Build 150 will match monies contributed by the Northern Neighbours Foundation at a 1:1 ratio, to a maximum $10,000.
Grant applications for all Funds will be accepted till February 15, 2020